To use Text Message Forwarding on iPhone X, Mac or iPad, you need to add an email address to iMessage and use FaceTime along with your Apple ID/iCloud, the following steps will help you activate iPhone X Text Message Forwarding.
Text Message Forwarding option is one of the coolest options found on your iPhone X.Text Message Forwarding allows you to mirror text messages sent to your iPhone X within the Messages app on the Mac or iPad. It’s very essential to notice that Text Message Forwarding requires you to use a similar Apple ID on each device for Text Message Forwarding to figure properly, FaceTime should be signed in along with your Apple ID.
Use Text Message Forwarding
- Go To Settings then tap on Messages. Search for Send & Receive and choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”
- Provide your Apple ID details (username and password)
- Choose an email address to activate it and then tap on Next
- Return to the iMessage settings, choose Text Message Forwarding
- You’ll receive a one-time verification code
- Type in the code into your iPhone