What is Superfetch?
Superfetch is a Windows service that make your applications launch faster and improve your system respond speed. It does so by pre-loading programs you frequently use into RAM so that they don’t have to be called from the hard drive every time you run them.
If this service is affecting your computer performance, we recommend you Disable Superfetch.
How To Disable Superfetch?
There is 2 ways to disable Superfetch, the first is Disable from Services and the second one is Disable Superfetch using Command Prompt
in this articl we will show you both ways to disable superfetch windows 10, 8 & 7
Disable Superfetch from Services
- Hold the Windows Key, while pressing “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc“, then press “Enter“.
- The Services window displays. Find “Superfetch” in the list.
- Right-click “Superfetch“, then select “Properties“.
- Select the “Stop” button if you wish to stop the service. In the “Startup type” dropdown menu, choose “Disabled“.
Disable Superfetch using Command Prompt
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and type “cmd“, then right click Command Prompt in the results and select Run as administrator.
- At Command Prompt, type “net.exe stop superfetch” and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Type “sc config sysmain start=disabled” and press Enter.